Introduction to Local Government (eLearning)
Introduction to Local Government provides an overview to Local Government and the important role it plays. The course provides underpinning knowledge about the way Local Governments are constituted, the separation of roles between the Council and the Administration and the responsibilities of working in a compliance environment.
*This eLearning program would be an ideal inclusion to a Local Government’s induction program.
This online learning is suitable for those new to Local Government and for those who want to improve their knowledge of Council governance.
As a result of completing this program, participants should be able to understand:
- the different levels of government and why they exist;
- the separation of powers and duties;
- the role of Mayors, Presidents, Councillors and employees;
- the impact Local Governments have on communities;
- how decisions are made on what services to provide; and
- rates and money matters in Local Government.
Self-paced (approx. 2 hours online).
Enrol anytime (3 months to complete upon date of enrolment).
$215.00 (Incl GST)
Unlimited participants as a
Site Licence. Contact us for a quote.