Introduction to Local Government Procurement (eLearning)
Introduction to Local Government Procurement is an online introductory course designed to provide staff involved in purchasing with the knowledge to understand how to make informed purchasing decisions under a Local Government Framework.
The course provides participants with an overview of procurement, the legislative framework and guiding principles, as well as teaching key skills which can be put into practice when procuring and contracting.
Local Government Staff
who undertake any form of purchasing within their role including:
- Staff involved in low risk/low cost purchasing;
- New finance staff;
- Officers who have delegated purchasing authority;
- Purchasing and Contracts Officers;
- CEOs, Executives and Managers; and
Elected Members who would like a fundamental understanding of the procurement process.
As a result of completing this program, participants should be able to understand:
- the procurement lifecycle and how it affects Local Government and the Community;
- the Local Government legislative framework and guiding principles;
- how to effectively plan procurement activities; and
- how to successfully assess offers, select suppliers and create contracts.
Self-paced (approx. 3 hours online).
Enrol anytime (3 months to complete upon date of enrolment).
$215.00 (Incl GST)
Unlimited participants as a
Site Licence. Contact us for a quote.